Assurance Services - Audit and Review
Assurance consists primarily of verification procedures, enquires of management and analytical procedures applied to financial statement information in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Non-Profit Organizations (ASPO), or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as applicable.
The objective of the audit is to express an opinion that the financial statements are presented fairly. Meeting investor/shareholder expectations begins with the completeness, accuracy and fair presentation of information in the financial statements.
We approach our audits with a deep and broad understanding of your business, the industry in which it operates, and regulatory standards. We consider the risks that your company deals with, management/internal controls developed to minimize the risks and financial reporting to the shareholders. We then plan the audit, using Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS), in order to obtain reasonable assurance that the financial statements are free of material misstatement.
The objective of a review engagement is to determine if the financial statements are plausible. Reviews provide limited assurance that your financial statement conforms to accounting standards ASPE, ASPO and IFRS. The review process mainly involves discussions with management, analytical and other procedures.
- Financial Reporting interim and year-end basis, including financial statements
- Cash flow management, projections, forecasting, budgeting
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Business structures and corporate re-organizations
- Succession planning
- Wealth accumulation and preservation
- Corporate and personal income tax
- Estate returns and taxes
- Payroll and HST
- Tax Planning
- Financial Administration, Controllership, CFO
- Strategic planning and business development
- New business start-up and set-up
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures